Sunday, March 26, 2017

self-filmed video of Austin trails

I spent most of the day filming a video of myself (with a little help from trail guru Carl) and this is the result of many hours filming, editing clips, and cobbling together the footage. Enjoy!


All of the above video is taken within a few miles of trails near my home. I had trouble getting perspective on the terrain. The rather bouncy downhill sections and chunky climbs I am doing here look much more mellow than reality. I thought it was funny to include ten takes on the same climb, which is littered with little ledges and fat roots, only to discover that the angle only makes me look like an idiot who can't ride a bike in a straight line. I will need to work on that so my next video project is more compelling.

Bonus little behind-the-scenes info: I filmed this on my Samsung Galaxy 5s, which I always have on me anyway. I have made some cheesy videos in the past with a smart phone learning on a rock or bungee-corded to a tree. This time around, I went all-out and spent a whopping $13 on a flexible tripod that allowed me to balance and aim the camera exactly where I want it by perching it on a rock, warping around a tree brand, or standing it on the ground.



Filming took all day and I had to stop by the house halfway through to recharge my phone and eat a ridiculous sausage, which is also profiled in the film.

Further bonus info! These will probably be the last images of my riding the Soma Juice frame. It's been a great frame but I am trying something new. A more thorough review of the Juice is coming soon.





No comments:

Post a Comment